Eureka Springs is a fun place to visit any time of day, but for the next few Thursday evenings, it will be particularly Fun After 5. Stretch your weekend at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast into a long weekend, and check out our historic downtown area on a Thursday night.
Sponsored by the Eureka Springs Downtown Network, Fun After 5 invites shoppers to linger, explore, and have fun with a variety of activities. The series kicked off last night with a Downtown Dance Party; Ozarkwaaba played at Basin Spring Park, and by all accounts, the show was fantastic.
Fun After 5 continues in the coming weeks:
- July 28: Geocache/Scavenger Hunt: find hidden prizes around the historic downtown area.
- August 4: Chalk Eureka: chalk yourself in Basin Spring Park or join a spontaneous chalk party in front of one of the shops or art galleries in historic downtown Eureka Springs. Sure to be a colorful and festive occasion.
- August 11: Readers & Writers in Basin Spring Park: book making, open mic poetry reading, and book signings by local authors. Of course there has to be chalk poetry in the streets, too.
- August 18: Home Run in Basin Spring Park: Spike the mascot and two players from the Naturals will be on hand for photos, Carroll County Soccer players will put on a fun demonstration, Eureka Springs High School coach and basketball team will do a demonstration and the Cheerleaders will perform. All this to music by the Eureka Springs Band. This is sure to be a fine example of small town community.
- August 25: Go Green in Eureka Springs: find your way through a maze of green recycling boxes and relax with a chair massage. Enjoy cooking demonstrations and spiritual readings, among other events.
Eureka Springs is known for its eclectic and accepting community. This is a town that likes to step out and have fun whenever possible. It’s why we’re here; and we love to share our quirky town with guests of our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast.