Each May, Eureka Springs gives itself over to the arts. This is one of the most exciting times to visit Eureka Springs and stay in our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. People travel from all over the country to witness the Grand Illumination of the town with Japanese and Chinese paper lanterns, and to feast on numerous theatrical, musical, and artistic offerings.
What can you expect to find during the Eureka Springs May Festival of the Arts? Read on:
- ARTrageous Parade through historic Eureka Springs: starts at 2 p.m. on May 7, 2011. You have to see it to believe it.
- Downtown Gallery Stroll: every Saturday and several other dates throughout the month. Refreshments will be offered in participating galleries.
- White Street Studio Walk: from 4-10 p.m. on May 20, 2011. Local artists open their studios and homes to the public. More than 40 guest artists will fill the street with their paintings, jewelry, pottery, and more.
- Free Concerts in Basin Spring Park. Local and regional musicians perform in the band shell Fridays through Sundays and holiday Mondays.
- Photography Stroll with professional photographer Susan Storch, 4-7 p.m. on May 6. Bring your cameras and snap photos of some of Eureka Springs hidden wonders.
- The Great Passion Play opens May 6, 2011.
- Blues Weekend is the culmination of the May Arts Festival. Some of the country’s finest blues performers come to town June 2-5. Visit Eureka Springs Blues for more details.
Come one, come all! Both artists and art fans are welcome at our Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast. Numerous workshops throughout the month – such as “The Artistry of Gourds” and the Ocarina/Whistle Flute Making Workshop – help foster creativity and encourage nascent artists.