Bed & Breakfast Resources provides informative seminars for Innkeepers.
More and more people seem to love the idea of giving-up their current life for what seems the quainter life of a bed and breakfast innkeeper. But this is a huge leap to take for anyone, and requires some planning, preparation, and a firm understanding of what you’re getting yourself into. Need a primer? We at Arsenic & Old Lace offer interesting and informative seminars for aspiring innkeepers. See if your dream is feasible and matches your goals under our tutelage.
Is a lifestyle change in your future?
Bed & Breakfast Resources can help! Our 3 day seminars will educate you on the good and not so good of owning a Bed & Breakfast.
Aspiring Innkeeper Seminars
Informative, educational seminars designed to help you decide if this is the career move for you. Our comprehensive Aspiring Innkeeper Seminars offer a full 16 hours of instruction with presentations by industry veterans plus informal question and answer session with current innkeepers.
If you are thinking about a career change and becoming a Bed & Breakfast Innkeeper make your reservation today for our next seminar!
Make your reservation today by calling 800-243-5223.
Is Innkeeping for you?
- Pre-seminar Welcome Reception
(2:00pm – 2:45pm)
- B&B Industry Snap Shot
- Your Personal Expectations from Innkeeping
- The Innkeeper’s Personality
- Innkeeper Panel (7:30 to 9:00 PM) Dinner and an informal discussion with current and former Innkeepers.
- The Guest
- Your Product
- The Business Entity
- The Property
- Choosing the fit
- Economics of Room Numbers
- Revenues and Expenses (What does the industry look like)
- The Market (Selecting your market)
- How do you find “the Inn”
- Evaluating your “find”
- The Offer
- The Money (Sources of Financing)
- The Business Plan
- Pro-forma and cash flow formats
- Hit the ground running
- Guest Management Software
- Web Design and Web Marketing
- Other Marketing
- Sources of Help
- Other Sources of Revenues
- Special Events
- Corporate Business
- Weddings & Receptions
- Sources of Stuff
More and more people are thinking about choosing the lifestyle of a Bed & Breakfast Innkeeper.
Whether you are looking for a new business venture or you just want to let your life take a new direction, consider Innkeeping!
The decision to become an innkeeper is a major lifestyle change that will involve substantial investment of personal savings. Is this lifestyle change for you?
The first step is get away from your hectic life and spend a little time at one of our Aspiring Innkeeper Seminars. We offer 16 hours of instruction from B&B industry veterans. We have expert speakers and presentations designed to answer your questions about owning your own bed & breakfast.
Seminar Schedule: (call for custom seminars)
March 13 – 15
April 17 – 19
August 7 – 9
September 11 – 13
November 13 – 15
Doug Breitling — An innkeeper with over 15 years of experience in the B&B Industry and a multi-faceted prior life will lead your seminar. He and his wife Beverly own and operate Arsenic and Old Lace Bed & Breakfast Inn. Doug served on the board of the Bed and Breakfast Association of Arkansas and the Eureka Springs Historic District Commission. Some of the many facets of his previous life include career Navy Supply Corps Officer, in-house Total Quality consultant, residential contractor, and budget and resource manager. He has an MBA and extensive experience in researching, evaluating and developing business plans in his own search for a bed & breakfast.
1. 16 hours of instruction, a course text, Certificate of Achievement, industry study and handouts, and informal consulting during the seminar.
2. Lodging on Sunday and Monday nights at Arsenic and Old Lace Bed & Breakfast Inn in one of our mid-priced rooms. We will place room reservations for you subsequent to seminar reservations and will happily extend your stay (pending availability) so you can enjoy the charms of Eureka Springs.
3. Meals for the seminar include dinner on Sunday night, full breakfast and lunch on Monday and Tuesday. Refreshment breaks during the seminar provided as well.
Individual: $950 (plus tax, svc) Couple: $1290 (plus tax, svc)
We accept the following methods of payment:
Checks, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
Deposit Policy We require a 100% deposit at the time of registration.
Cancellation Policy Should your plans change and you need to cancel your registration, please notify us as soon as possible. If you cancel 30 or more days prior to the seminar start date, we will refund your entire deposit. Cancellation less than 30 days prior to the seminar date will result in forfeiture of the entire deposit unless you reschedule for a subsequent seminar (pending availability).
Eureka Springs is located in the beautiful Ozark Mountains in Northwest Arkansas.
The nearest airport is, Northwest Arkansas Regional (XNA), is about 1 ¼ hours drive from us.
Other nearby airports are Tulsa, OK (TUL) 2 ½ hours, Branson, MO 1 hour and Springfield, MO 2 hours.
Learn firsthand what it takes to have a good bed and breakfast by visiting Arsenic & Old Lace, one of our B&B friends listed below, or any Select Registry approved inn!